We start by listening and questioning
Many of our clients are IT Directors at established enterprises who need to update legacy systems. Others are start-up owners looking to launch ecommerce applications. While some are operations managers, with business automation projects that need rescuing.
Whatever your software needs, Purple Tuesday can help. We provide process consultancy and development services to clients large and small, in the public, private and third sectors. We make a point of understanding the real needs of your business, so the technology works for you.
We'll help you see the big picture, de-risk your legacy systems and achieve your business goals. Our approachable team will guide you through the process from start to finish, providing clear advice, robust designs and on-demand support.
An Agile approach
Agile project management enables us to respond quickly to the unpredictability of software development. This means we can help you get to market faster with a product that meets your requirements, while eliminating costly re-working.
Being Agile means planning and delivering rapid sequences of work in a continuous cycle to build your product incrementally. This allows you to test functionality and feedback your desired changes throughout the development process.
Obviously, any changes can affect the scope, schedule and budget. However, we’ll always advise you on how we can adhere to the overall project vision, while keeping control of your costs.
Talk to us about how an Agile approach can help your project succeed.
Our technology choices
As an established and certified Microsoft Partner we're committed to providing professional services using proven Microsoft technologies including the .NET Framework, SQL Server databases and Azure Cloud Services.
The advantages of using this non-proprietary development framework are far reaching. Essentially though, they include industry leading reliability, security, interoperability and maintainability.
You control the budget
We offer you three options on fees:
- Fixed scope, fixed price
- Dedicated team on monthly retainer
- Flexible time and materials
You can also choose any combination of the three. Whatever you decide, our commitment to accountability remains the same. We will deliver on your brief, on time and on budget. We can also work with you to help finance your project and ease pressures on your capital.
1. Fixed scope, fixed price
- The classic model, which guarantees delivery of pre-defined functionality in a specific time
- Requires significant effort to define requirements upfront along with rigid change management protocols throughout the project
- We can provide this using Agile methods (contrary to popular opinion)
- However, this is less suitable for projects where your requirements are likely to change.
2. Dedicated team on monthly retainer
- We will assign a team of engineers to work exclusively on your projects
- We share the management and reporting duties with you
- This approach is ideal for Agile working
- Enables easy integration of our developers with your IT team and infrastructure
- This gives you full control while providing the flexibility to change course as needed.
3. Flexible time and materials
- This splits the engagement into fixed-time phases
- Each phase has a fixed budget
- Your assigned team will work through the task log using the Agile approach
- This option limits your exposure for each phase
- It also provides a natural accountability mechanism – you only clear the budget for the next phase when you are satisfied with the work we've done.